- Try snowboarding.
- Join a recreational sports team.
- Go see a movie at the movie theater by myself.
- Eat at a restaurant by myself.
- Write in a journal every day for a month.
- Find a cause I am passionate about and get involved.
- Educate myself about politics so I can intelligently and effectively defend my political beliefs.
- Volunteer at Agape Therapeutic Riding Center.
- Learn to ice skate (more specifically, learn to stop without running into the wall of the ice rink).
- Buy 1500 thread count Egyptian cotton bed sheets.
- Dress up for Halloween (as an adult, Halloween is my least favorite holiday, so I have not dressed up for Halloween since I was a child).
- Learn to drive a stick shift.
- Be able to run two miles without stopping.
Travel somewhere I have never been.
- Visit my maternal grandmother's grave in Evansville, Indiana (the only time I have been to my grandmother's grave was at her funeral, so I have not seen her headstone).
- Take the GRE and decide whether or not to apply for graduate school.
- Learn basic German.
- Attend the 2010 NCAA Men's Frozen Four at Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan.
- Have a cookie-baking weekend.
- Spend an entire day (24 hours) with my cell phone turned off.
- Get dressed up and go out for a fancy dinner.
- Go on a carriage ride in downtown Indianapolis. (For as long as I can remember, I have always wanted to go on one of these carriage rides, and I have always said the first man to take me on one was the man I was going to marry. Seeing as how I am nearing thirty and I have never been married, I figured it was time to take destiny into my own hands.)
- Tour the Scottish Rite Cathedral in downtown Indianapolis.
- Donate blood.
- Take ballroom dancing lessons or swing dancing lessons.
- Learn to bake madeleines.
- Hold a conversation with a stranger.
- Attend the Circle of Lights Festival in Indianapolis.
Mail out Christmas cards in time for the cards to arrive BEFORE Christmas. (Every year I buy Christmas cards, and every year the cards never get mailed out. I have quite a vast collection of Christmas cards, and cards for every other holiday for that matter, in my greeting card box.)
- Make a new friend (one not connected to someone I already know).
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
30 Before 30 List
My 30 Before 30 List