Home       What Is On My List       Rants and Raves       About Me       Contact Me

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My New and Improved 30 Before 30 List.

"Sometimes you make choices in life, and sometimes choices make you."

As you can see, since I created my 30 Before 30 List seven months ago, I have not done very well at accomplishing the items on my list. In light of the fact that six days ago I turned 29, I have revamped my list and rededicated myself to not only rediscovering the person of my youth, but to identifying and becoming the person I would like to be.

My (New and Improved) 30 Before 30 List

  1. Try snowboarding.
  2. Join a recreational sports team.
  3. Go see a movie at the movie theater by myself.
  4. Eat at a restaurant by myself.
  5. Write in a journal every day for a month.
  6. Find a cause I am passionate about and get involved.
  7. Educate myself about politics so I can intelligently and effectively defend my political beliefs.
  8. Volunteer (be a Big Sister, become a Child Advocate, or volunteer at Agape Therapeutic Riding Center).
  9. Learn to ice skate (more specifically, learn to stop without running into the wall of the ice rink).
  10. Buy 1500 thread count Egyptian cotton bed sheets.
  11. Travel to Ft. Wayne, Indiana for the sole purpose of going to DeBrand Choclatier and ordering an ice cream sundae in a dark chocolate bowl, with dark chocolate and raspberry toppings.
  12. Be able to run at least two miles without stopping.
  13. Travel somewhere I have never been.
  14. Visit my maternal grandmother's grave in Evansville, Indiana (the only time I have been to my grandmother's grave was at her funeral, so I have not seen her headstone).
  15. Take the GRE and decide whether or not to apply for graduate school.
  16. Learn basic German.
  17. Attend the 2010 NCAA Men's Frozen Four at Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan.
  18. Have a cookie-baking weekend.
  19. Spend an entire day (24 hours) with my cell phone turned off.
  20. Take a weekend trip by myself.
  21. Go on a carriage ride in downtown Indianapolis.
  22. Tour the Scottish Rite Cathedral in downtown Indianapolis.
  23. Dontae blood.
  24. Buy a bed (one that is bigger than a twin) so I no longer have to sleep on the futon in my living room.
  25. Take ballroom dancing lessons or swing dancing lessons (or both).
  26. Learn to bake madelines.
  27. Hold a conversation with a stranger.
  28. Go on a week long spending fast.
  29. Take a photography class, or another type of continuing education course.
  30. Make a new friend (one not connected to someone I already know).

Wish me luck on having more success the second time around!

No comments: